Study Abroad This Summer

on Saturday, May 14, 2011


I wanted to do a summer internship this Summer but instead I decided to choose a different route and study abroad. I will be studying abroad this summer for 5 weeks in Barcelona Spain while taking photography, Spanish, and the culture of Barcelona Spain.

I have learned a lot while getting everything ready to study abroad and I’m here today to share that with you. You should look and see if a study abroad opportunity will also count as an internship fulfillment for your University because it does at my College.  If it is something you’re interested in doing but have no idea how to get started then continue to read.

Once I decided on my summer study abroad program I had to meet with my study abroad office to get a budget sheet set up and then I took that budget sheet to financial aid. The financial aid office then told me how much money I would need for classes, food, and living. From there I took out a loan and was able to start my application process for the Arcadia Barcelona Spain program. It was a lot of forms to fill out and make sure you have your passport! Mine was expired so I had to go and get another one.

When all your forms are filled out for the study abroad program and approved then you will get an acceptance letter from the school that is abroad and you will pay a deposit of usually about $500. Once you pay and all your forms are filled out then you should start to think about what you need to buy and do before you leave.

My study abroad office gave me great tips. They told me to buy a hiker backpack for when we have planned excursions or want to go on trips on our own. They also said to make copies of your passport and leave a copy at home in the United States, in your apartment abroad and in your purse. If an emergency arises and you need it then you will have it in a safe place.

I hope these study abroad tips help you!

Little Pink Secrets


0 comments:

Post a Comment