Interview With a Public Relations Director

on Sunday, April 24, 2011

Advice from the U of R Public Relations Director
·         Show up 15 minutes early and be the last one to leave the office
·         Get business cards from everyone
·         Hand out my business cards
·         Make a personal connection with everyone
·         Remember names even the names of the people who are not important
·         Get to know everyone
·         Go out to lunch with the president
·         Jump on everything and all tasks
·         Suggest things such as ideas, articles and photos
·         Rejuvenate demographics
·         Always have a notebook and pen
·         Be very accessible (give out cell phone number if anyone needs anythings)
·         If you need an extra set of hands on the weekends I am available
·         Be VERY POSITIVE
·         Always volunteer and ask to sit in on meetings
·         Give complements like that story was great!
·         Can I help you with anything (if your done with your task)
·         Pay close attention to details 

These tips were very beneficial to me for my first co-op and now for all my other internships and even part time and full time jobs. I was able to interview the public relations director because she was a friend that I continued to keep in my network. It is so important to keep in contact with other professionals and friends. You never know where they are going to end up and if they will be able to help you in the future or if you will be able to help them land a job. Staying connected and taking advice from others that have a lot of experience in the field your interested in is so important and very helpful. If you haven’t interviewed someone in the field your interested in going into when you graduate I would recommend doing it as soon as possible. It will really show you if you’re going into the right profession or if you should continue your career search.
Little Pink Secrets  

0 comments:

Post a Comment